Saturday, January 10, 2009

Round up

The last seven days have taken us a few places. We visited historic Long Grove, Illinois and poked through several of the shops there. Some of the restaurants were closed for some sort of winter break, I guess, but we decided to give Seasons of Long Grove a try. Once we were seated, we realized pretty much everyone in town must have had the same idea.
The sandwiches we chose (chicken salad and prime rib French dip) were excellent, and our server was attentive and friendly.

I enjoyed lunch at Water Street Wines, Café and Coffee in downtown Peoria. Some roasted red pepper Gouda soup and a grilled cheese sandwich hit the spot.

I had a nice early birthday lunch this week at Rizzi's (on Sheridan) in Peoria with my friend R. The special was seafood ravioli with a marinara/alfredo sauce blend. Adding in my salad topped with my favorite tomato basil dressing and a chance to catch up with a good friend, it was the recipe for a great time.

I see that Apostrophe, the new bar in Junction City in Peoria Heights is now open. I'm looking forward to checking this place out.

No comments: