Friday, September 08, 2006

Ice Cream Shack

A gem I discovered due to my last job is the Ice Cream Shack in Peoria. It's right where Jefferson and Adams split, near the Hofbrau.

The shack has food items such as hot dogs, chili cheese fries, tamales and BBQ sandwiches along with a plethora of ice cream treats. They have their own version of the ice cream chain's Blizzard. The Ice Cream Shack's version is packed with goodies. My favorite is the peanut butter cup. Plus, they have TONS of shake flavors to choose from. You won't find this kind of variety at the ice cream chain!

They also have lots of outdoor seating, so it's great to go down on a nice, or even slightly hot day. You can usually snag a table in the shade.

The shack will be closing this year September 29, check it out, or you'll have to wait for next season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I worked at the Ice Cream Shack in high school. It was the cleanest restaurant type place I have ever worked at. I don't have one food horror story from several years of employment. Plus, the food is good, too.