Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Elmwood Brewing Company

There's a nice restaurant and brewery tucked away in the quaint town of Elmwood, Elmwood Brewing Company.
I love to see an old, beautiful brick building used like this. This one dates back to 1896.
Elmwood Brewing Company also does a nice job with their own brews and have several of them on tap.
The menu is American-style cuisine, much like you would find at any brewpub you run across.
The restaurant also has room for groups and makes a great mid-way point to meet family or friends who are from the west side of the state.
Many times it seems their web site is down, so give them a call if you have any questions, 309-742-4200.

July, 2007 - The business is now known as the Parkview and is under new ownership.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm Beer.

Chef Kevin said...

Wow...they are open again? I keep getting conflicting reports..open, closed, open, close....

Anonymous said...

This is the place that was going to open next week for about three months. I have always heard that there was one problem after the other. Someone told me that they will stay open because one person had "alot"f money tied up in the business. The building is great. I found that the food was only ok.

Peoria Peepers said...

I think they have had a lot of problems, but I honestly don't know much about them. It's an great building, and it would be nice to see them make a go of it like some of the places in Galesburg or something.
I would definitely suggest calling if you are going out.