Monday, January 03, 2011

Over Easy Café

We've eaten at the new Over Easy Café on Lake in Peoria twice now.
The first time we ordered off the lunch menu. My husband had a burger and I had turkey.
The restaurant, open for breakfast and lunch, features a daily lunch special and a soup of the day.
A couple of weeks later we sampled the breakfast fare. I had a corned beef hash skillet, which was tasty and plenty to fill me up. If I recall, the husband had biscuits and gravy. We were drinking coffee, and this is one place where they know how to keep the customers' coffee warm. Our waitress and others stopped by several times to top our cups off.
A menu item of note is their cinnamon roll pancakes, which we are eager to try. We weren't feeling the sweet tooth on our last visit, but we'll be sure to try them soon!

3 comments:

geo said...

My wife and I ate there a couple of weeks ago. We found the breakfast somewhat overpriced. There was also nothing that stood out about it. I also thought that the biscuits and gravy were very peppery, ( I love pepper, so if I sy it was peppery thats saying something)

XelaFin said...

It is no longer in that location.

Peoria Peepers said...

Really? We just had breakfast there on Saturday.