Friday, February 02, 2007

Jimmy's Bar

Jimmy's Bar on Farmington Rd. in Peoria is an Irish bar with a great, friendly, neighborhood feel.
I've spent many an evening there, either out in the great beer garden listening to the Bogside Zukes or inside when it's colder, munching on freshly-popped popcorn or sandwiches and watching people quaff Guinness.
Me, I swore off the stuff years ago, but there are plenty of other great beers to chose from.
It's always fun to check out what's been posted in the bathroom on the chalkboard, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One word:
Irish Nachos
Oh, wait, that's two words. I must have had too much Irish beer.
I craved those nachos so much when I was pregnant with my kids. Of course, prego ladies don't go over too well in bars, but I swear, I stuck to the nachos and diet soda.