Thursday, February 22, 2007

Swinger's Grille

My friends and I had our annual Christmas dinner a couple months ago at Swinger's Grille in Normal, located at the All Seasons Entertainment Center on Cross Creek Drive.
The restaurant has a bit of a sports feeling because of all of the TVs and such, but the place is tasteful and we didn't notice it at all.
I had the orange ginger seared tuna, and a couple of my friends had the roasted garlic chicken. I scored when one of them gave me a roasted garlic clove; garlic and I go waaaay back.
For dessert I tried the stuffed strawberries, dipped in white and dark chocolate and stuffed with amaretto cream. They were divine.
The plate presentation here is very nice, and the service was good.
Swinger's serves a Sunday brunch as well.
If you go to their web site, http://www.swingersgrille.com/ and view their menus, you can click on the cherries and see some of the excellent offerings.

No comments: