Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Captain Ron's

We did some boating this summer, and a couple of times ended up grabbing some grub at Captain Ron's, 579 Wesley Road in Creve Coeur.
I had never been to Captain Ron's prior to this. The river access makes it a great place to stop, and deck dining can't be beat on a nice day.
This riverside restaurant has a distinctly nautical decor, befitting the beachy location.
I sampled a burger on one visit, and a spicy pulled pork sandwich on another visit, the latter of which I topped with my side of cole slaw, Memphis style. Both were good, but what also kicked things up a notch was the side dish I chose, the sweet potato fries, served with a whipped cinnamon butter-type substance. Pretty tasty.
Our service was good both times.
The prices are reasonable, and it's easy to wile away part of the afternoon on the deck, enjoying the breeze and river views.

In August 2012, Captain Ron's became Kuchie's on the Water.

No comments: