Friday, October 03, 2008

Fall fun

Fall is my favorite time of year. This year I've already enjoyed a caramel apple from Maurie's Candies in Pekin, thanks to my husband. I could live on those all season long.
We've already had our annual fall party, which was a great time.
I'm sure we will soon make a trek to Tanner's Orchard in Speer. Gotta have those apple cider donuts!
This weekend kicks off the Spoon River Valley Drive in Fulton County, and the festivities resume next weekend. Too crowded, you say? There's also the Knox County Scenic Drive on the same two weekends.
Sunday the German-American Society hosts that Schlactfest at Hickory Grove in Dunlap.
Hayrides and Hotdogs run throughout the month of October on Thursday nights at Sommer Park in Peoria.
Of course the next few weeks will bring even more great fall events. I'll rake up a list and post it soon. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I was fortunate enough to go to school with all the Tanners - so every morning in the fall the Tanner kids would bring in the day old apple cider donuts....oh it was heaven. We are looking forward to taking Cadence to Tanners and seeing all the people in my old neck of the woods...also the Knox Co Scenic Drive is pretty darn busy...at least the Knoxville stop is. So expect slight driving delays....