Monday, March 14, 2011

Donnelly's Shamrock Pub

Trying to find a place to meet my husband near Peoria's Northwoods Mall for lunch, I thought of Donnelly's Shamrock Pub.
The parking lot alone was crazy, trying to jockey around people who were circling the lot. Inside was pretty crazy as well. I had no idea this was such a popular lunch spot.
A bartender took our orders, as we were seated in a booth near the bar. My husband decided to try the chicken sandwich (starts with a W, but the name escapes me now) that his sister likes, which has bacon, cheese and mushrooms on it. I ordered a tuna steak sandwich, and we split an order of fries.
Both sandwiches were good, and were each around $7.
With efficient service, we were in and out in good time.
If Donnelly's was closer to home, I'd probably be there a lot. I see that one of my favorite bands, Bogside Zukes, play there every second and fourth Thursday.

2 comments:

Chef Kevin said...

Love Donnelly's. Try to get there once a month. I think Ron had the Waterford Chicken which is one of my favorites.

Peoria Peepers said...

Yes, it was the Waterford!