Thursday, October 06, 2011

Bemer's Village Inn

Housed in a block building built in the 1970s, Bemer's Village Inn, along the river in Spring Bay, has that broken in feel of a place that's been popular for serving up huge homemade tenderloins for decades.
I tried said tenderloin, the 1/2 version ($4.75), and found it to be large and properly fried, dressed with my choice of onion, pickle and mustard. The loin hung way outside of the boundaries of the bun.
We dined with a fairly large group in the bar, which gave us a good excuse to order some appetizers. We started with onion rings, which were a tasty, thin variety. Next up was the winner for me, the corn fritters, which I swear were about the size of racquetballs.
The Village Inn features daily specials, many of which include their salad bar, and they are closed on Mondays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always loved their potato skins.