Thursday, February 16, 2012

Party Mardi

I'm always looking for a reason to celebrate. A couple of weeks ago while glancing at my calendar, I noticed that Fat Tuesday is February 21.
The first place I thought about visiting was Beignet's On The Corner, 100 State Street in Peoria. Their menu has a New Orleans flair and I love their shrimp bisque.
I noticed River Beach Pub, 13637 N River Beach Dr, South Rome is offering hurricanes and jambalaya on Fat Tuesday. 
If I don't want to wait until Tuesday to celebrate, Saturday, February 18 I see that 309 in Junction City is having a Mardi Gras complete with hurricanes, beads, masquerade masks, live blues and jazz.
Also this Saturday night is Willett's Winery's annual Mardi Gras Party with New Orleans style cuisine and the Mason Dixies Band starting. The winery is located at 105 East Market Street in Manito.

No comments: