Friday, May 26, 2006

Jonah's Seafood House & 2601 Oyster Bar

Jonah's, 2601 N. Main Street, East Peoria, is an obvious choice if you are looking for a great seafood restaurant. However, I like the place more for their entertainment factor.

They do have great live music every Saturday night in the oyster bar, usually blues or jazz. I'm a low-key gal. I like hanging out in the restaurant bar next door, where it's generally more quiet and they serve up a mean dish of spicy nut mix. I'll order a good glass of wine or two and generally will be tempted by the fact that they are one of the few places in the area that I know of where you can enjoy a nice cheese plate with your wine. They serve a plate of cheese and fruit along with a great seeded mustard to dip your cheese in. It's heaven to a girl like me. And StfRon will usually put up with it, since they have Pilsner Urquell there.

The other thing I love about Jonah's is the back patio area. On a nice Saturday night you can hang out on the patio and enjoy drinks, a good view of the river AND the sounds of the band drifting out. Let's face it, for the most part, East Peoria has the better deal on the river in this area anyway. They don't have to look at the Wal-Mart Supercenter.
Update, April 2007 - Rumor has it that Jonah's no longer features live entertainment. I will have to go check it out.

No comments: