Thursday, March 22, 2007

Blarney Castle

I remember Blarney Castle pizza from way back when I was a kid growing up in Chillicothe. It was a short drive to Rome for my parents to pick one up, and it was always packaged like the local pizza joints did it: on a cardboard tray with a white paper bag tented over it with some cool retro pizza graphics on the bag.
I had a chance to go back to Blarney's a while back with some friends. They make a nice thin crust pizza, and we had a good time checking out the retro decor. I would think they've remodeled in the last 10 years or so; there's a lot of hunting-themed decor. Honestly, though, back in the day we were all about carry out, so I don't remember when I had been there previously.
This family's been at it for about 60 years, so they must be doing something right!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also hear the lasagna is awesome. I'll have to get out there soon.

Anonymous said...

THE OWNERS ARE CUBS FANS, BUT DONT LET THAT STOP YOU FROM VISITING THE BEST RESTAURANTS IN THE COUNTRY!

chilliblogger said...

And they still let U smoke there despite the ban on smoking in Illinois. Bill's Law.