Friday, March 23, 2007

Castle's Patio Inn

I can't believe it's taken me this long to blog about Castle's Patio Inn. I mean, come on, it's the cheesiest place in town, right? And if you don't love their cheese spread, there's just something wrong with you.
Castle's, 802 W. Loucks, Peoria, was introduced to me my my friend Kim, who took me to many similar bars, you know the ones, the mainstays with their old wood floors and great old beer light fixtures and such. She introduced me to the Red Barn, Ludy's, the squirrel bar, Schooner's and Crusen's. She also was one to lift a roll of toilet paper from bar bathrooms if she was low at home, but that's another story.
Castle's is a great neighborhood bar with a friendly feel to it. They have inexpensive dinner specials each night, such as walleye and chicken, each served with slaw, fries and bread.
The cheese spread is homemade, and awesome. You can buy crocks of it to take home or send to your friends.
This is one of the few places I will toss back some beer. Generally, I drink wine (less bloating, less calories, nice purple stain to the teeth and lips), but Castle's just calls for a cold beer and some time with friends.

No comments: