Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Round up

Last week I met some friends for dinner at Two25 in Peoria after a stop at I Know You Like a Book and Leaves 'n Beans in Peoria Heights.
It was my first time for dinner at Two25, but I have had lunch there several times.
Our service was top notch, my twin filet Madeira medallions almost melted in my mouth and I enjoyed finding Klinker Brick Zinfandel on the wine list. Also not to be forgotten is the pistachio gelato we all enjoyed for dessert.

This weekend we were headed north to do some cemetery searching and stopped by Jane's Icebox in Dunlap for a bite. The menu featured a surprising number of items, but we are looking forward to visiting in summer as they are located right on the Rock Island Trail, have outdoor seating and serve ice cream.

No comments: