Monday, June 05, 2006

Maurie's Candies

I shudder to think what my life would be like if I had never been introduced to caramel apples from Maurie's Candies, 522 Court Street in Pekin. I was sitting at work, minding my own business, when a co-worker brought in a bag of caramel apples and offered them to our department. I tried one, and was hooked. It's the best caramel apple I've ever had. I guess they can only make them for a short time each fall, with their super-secret caramel recipe calling for the right climatic conditions.

Maurie's also has plenty of other homemade candies, books, gifts and magazines, too.

My co-worker may rue the day he brought those apples in. Every year as soon as I start thinking fall, I start bugging him about whether the apples are ready yet. Not living in Pekin, I like to have that inside source...

No comments: