Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Haylumoon

It's been far too long since I've had food from Haylumoon in Chillicothe. In fact, it's been so long, they have moved from the original location at Plaza Drive to one at 142 N. Fourth St.
Haylumoon has been serving up Chinese food in Chillicothe for over 15 years.
This was my favorite place to pick up food when I was going to ICC and living in Chillicothe. On the way home, I would pick up a tub of sizzling rice soup and an order of crab rangoon. Mmm, good eats!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Does their crab rangoon actually have crab in it? So many places today seem to make "cream cheese wontons."

Peoria Peepers said...

It did have crab in it years ago, so I'm sure it still does. But it also wasn't the most loaded rangoon I've ever had. I plan to retry it soon and re-evaluate. Hey, somebody's gotta do the dirty work!
Some places make it so sweet it's almost like dessert. Royal Dragon in Washington has a really sweet rangoon, but it's very good. Also not very crabby.
Now I'm getting hungry!

Anonymous said...

I've made it myself before and it's really good home-made, but kind of a lot of work. The whole meal would be crab rangoon, with a side of crab rangoon.

Unknown said...

I have known the owners Jon and Fong since 1988 when the restaurant was located in Pioneer Park in Peoria!
I suggested adding Crab Rangoon to the menu and they do it so well! Wonderful Family and restauranteurs! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I have known the owners Jon and Fong since 1988 when the restaurant was located in pioneer Park in Peoria. They are professionals and wonderful people to boot! The food is aleays excellent and I an guilty of asking for Crab Meat Rangoon every time I went in for dinner,they soon added it on the menu! Wonderful Restauranteurs in central Illinois!