Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend roundup

This weekend we stopped by Denhart's in Washington for breakfast one morning. They are still doing $2.99 breakfast specials during the week. Now, if I can just get myself out of the house early enough to take advantage of it!

In case you've been waiting, I should mention that Second Chances in Washington is open again after their pipe bursting mishap. Lots of fun new recycled items to check out there.

I enjoyed a great lunch at the Landmark in Galesburg. While out west I also checked out other Seminary Street favorites of mine, Uncle Billy's Bakery and the Calico Cat. I even squeezed in a quick stop at Cooks & Company.

Monday we took in the Memorial Day services in Washington, which was a nice way to start our day. Later that evening, we went to Gracie's in Washington for a chicken enchilada pizza, and enjoyed a nice visit and a drink with one of our local veterans.

This week I plan to take in some outdoor fun and food at the Cherry Festival in Washington, which starts on Wednesday. There are two cherry food items I've been wanting to try forever, and if I am successful, I'll report back later this week. The only thing that could probably top that in my book is if they were also serving Galena Cellars cherry wine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It shares the same ideals as what I am trying to do with my new blog, circablog.com.

I added you to my blogroll, if you like you can linkback.

Keep supporting, it helps