Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Heading Om

I first tried yoga through a class offered by ICC in Peoria Heights, probably some time around 1996.
I took it for just the one semester, and after a while I missed taking yoga classes so I found a great deal on classes I enjoyed with Vicki at Franciscan Recreation Complex in West Peoria.
Eventually due to changes in my schedule, the Franciscan classes were no longer a good option, so I stopped taking yoga. To be honest, I did take classes for a while at the Riverplex, but the flow of the classes there didn't quite fit what I was used to so eventually I fell out of practice.
When I heard about Heading Om, I decided to give it a try. I tracked down the stately brick building (circa 1938) at 2619 West Heading Avenue in West Peoria, finding the studio quite soothing with its reclaimed oak floors, further enhanced by plenty of natural light coming in through the large windows.
Heading Om offers yoga for kids, beginning yoga, meditation and breath work, workshops and much more. They also offer classes on location and private sessions.
I enjoyed my first class very much, and know this will be a good start toward getting myself back into shape and relaxation.

No comments: