Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Maggie Miley's

We had occasion to visit Maggie Miley's, 126 E. Beaufort, Normal, a few months ago to meet some friends.
Maggie's opened in 2004, and has a cozy, Irish pub-type atmosphere in a nicely-restored building.
StfRon jumped at the chance to try the curry chips appetizer, fries topped with a brown curry sauce, so we got an order of those. They were quite tasty, actually.
For dinner, I had a steak with mashed potatoes. It was fine, but I ended up wishing I had tried something else. Maybe the stuffed chicken breast dinner or the shepherd's pie. Many times when I have two or three dishes that sound good, I always end up feeling like I made the wrong choice. You know, the whole grass is always greener scenario.
Maggie's has all the Irish favorites: Guinness, Harp and Bass, plus wine and a full bar. They even have one of StfRon's faves, Pilsner Urquell.
You can see the menu, photos and drink specials on their web site, http://www.maggiemileys.com.

No comments: