Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Trefzger's Bakery

Turns out we didn't eat at Tavern on the Water. We had some drinks and reconvened.
We did venture upstairs, and it looks very upscale. We'll save it for the holidays or something.
I have eaten lunch there, and it reminds me a lot of Crooked Waters, not because of the food or decor, but because of the tall tables and chairs and their placement.

So, on to another T business, Trefzger's Bakery, located at 3504 N. Prospect in Peoria.
The Trefzger family has been in the bakery business in Peoria since 1867. I'm not sure that any other bakery in the area could say that.
Trefzger's not only does great cakes for weddings, anniversary parties and graduations, they also have excellent coffee cakes and thumbprint cookies. Many a work celebration has been marked by a coffee cake or box of cookies from here.
I also have heard they make a filled cupcake, which I MUST try. I'm in the market for some cupcakes for our reception.
There are some very tempting thumbnail photos of Trefzger's treats at their website, http://trefzgerbakery.com.

No comments: