Monday, June 15, 2009

Round up

I've been hitting some regular haunts lately.
We've had two fun group meals at Bernardi's in Washington in the last week.
I've had several great servings of Hunan chicken at Ming Shee in Peoria.
We enjoyed lunch at a new (to us) restaurant a bit off the beaten path in Peoria. More about that in a few days.
We made it to the Burger Barge in East Peoria via boat for the first time this season. I wasn't feeling up to a nine ounce burger, so I tried the grilled shrimp skewer, which was pretty darn good.
We had lunch at TNT Sports Bar and Grill in the former Penguin Tap in Peoria Heights where I enjoyed a great supreme pizza, holding the green peppers for my husband's sake. I loved the flavor of the cheese, and the thin crust was nicely dusted with corn meal, one of my favorite touches on a pie.

In local business news, it looks like the former Mikey's Pizza & Subs in Peoria (Gale Ave.) will soon become a Firehouse Pizza.

No comments: