Monday, August 06, 2007

Desserts Unlimited

We had a small local wedding reception this weekend. While planning the menu, I asked StfRon what kind of dessert he wanted, and he said cheesecake.
I had seen ads for Desserts Unlimited, 108 E. Queenwood Road in Morton, several times in Dining Out magazine, so I thought we could give them a try.
They boast 23 flavors of cheesecake. What flavor did StfRon want? Plain. Fine by me!
When I picked the cheesecakes up, the lady who brought the order out said "Ours is a soft cheesecake". I wasn't quite sure what to make of that. Now, having tried them, I know they are wonderfully smooth and tasty. We set them up with bowls of caramel, chocolate sauce and strawberries, plus a bowl of Oreo crumbs for people to top the cheesecakes with. They were a hit.
The cheesecakes were $20 each, and you can have them cut in 14 or 16 slices. Not bad for your next gathering.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm! That cheesecake was delicious all by itself. Having the do-it-yourself fixins was a great idea. Jenni and I are going to steal that idea for our next get together with family and/or friends.

Peoria Peepers said...

Awesome! What get together isn't made better by cheesecake??

Anonymous said...

Friends of ours had Desserts Unlimited cheesecake as their wedding cake. We had caramel apple, strawberry, turtle, and plain. We all had at least a bite of each and none of us could decide our favorite. After all, isn't cheesecake heaven anyway?