Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Eamon Patrick's Public House

On my third visit to Eamon Patrick's Public House, I finally ordered some food. Up to that visit, I had been in for blueberry beer and iced tea and fries, but not anything of substance from the menu.
Located at 112 SW Jefferson in Peoria, Eamon Patrick's has been open for several months now, the latest restaurant involving Mary Ann Fahey, this time in conjunction with her son.
The menu features homemade soups and desserts, several sandwiches and some interesting pizzas. I had to try the pear, gorgonzola, walnut with brie and red peppers. It was a gamble for me, because I am only marginally tolerant of gorgonzola. The pizza was good, but the cheese a bit much for me. Any true gorgonzola fan would be all over this pie.
Next time, I hope to try the tomato basil soup and the margherita pizza.
My friends ordered the spinach artichoke dip, which was very good and rich, plus covered in french fried onions, like the green bean casserole at Christmas. Mmmm! This was served with thin, toasted bread slices, salted with some sort of gourmet salt.
Our group finished with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. The cookies were tasty, and had a touch of cinnamon mixed in.
The food seemed to take a while to arrive, however, Eamon Patrick's plans to expand and take over the former F. Scott's location. This may allow them to have a larger kitchen.
The decor is warm and cozy, with thickly plastered walls. A great place to duck in for an after work drink, lunch or snack.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oooohhh... It sounds good. I took my daughter to Flaherty's downtown once and she still talks about it. Okay, talks about a giant frosted sugar cookie she had for dessert, but still.
Is it appropriate for older children? I mean, at lunch time or for an early dinner?

Peoria Peepers said...

I have seen children in the restaurant, so I don't see why not. I think a lot of people stop in on the way to Civic Center events.